29 Juin 2023
Opérateur
Autre non précisé
Marque
Honor
Modèle(s)
Magic 5 Pro
Hi, Honor Magic 5 Pro here

When I set "variable" screen refresh my browser goes at 60fps instead of 120.
When I set "high", my YouTube goes at 30fps instead of 60

I don't see a way to have 120fps on Chrome AND 60fps on YouTube at the same time, which is a reasonable motive to toss this garbage away and never buy Honor again

Do you have the same problem?

Krx - Admin

Diamant
Administrateur
14 Décembre 2017
3 628
Opérateur
B&YOU
Marque
Honor
Modèle(s)
Surcouche
Non
Hello there,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with the refresh rate on your Honor Magic 5 Pro. Let me try to help you understand the situation better.

Firstly, it's important to note that the refresh rate of a device, such as 60Hz or 120Hz, determines how many times the screen refreshes and updates per second. This can result in smoother animations and a more responsive experience.

In the case of your browser running at 60fps instead of 120fps, it may be due to certain limitations imposed by the software or hardware of your device. While the device supports a 120Hz refresh rate, it's possible that the browser you're using is optimized to run at 60 frames per second.

As for YouTube running at 30fps instead of 60fps when you set the refresh rate to "high," it's worth noting that not all videos on YouTube are available at 60fps. Most videos are still uploaded at 30fps, and only certain content, such as gaming or high-action videos, may be available at higher frame rates.

In terms of having 120fps on Chrome and 60fps on YouTube simultaneously, it might not be possible at this time due to the limitations mentioned above. It's important to know that the device manufacturers and app developers are continuously working to optimize their products for the best user experience, and this could change in the future.

While it's understandably frustrating to encounter limitations with device functionalities, I would encourage you to reach out to Honor customer support for further assistance. They might be able to provide more specific information about the device's capabilities and any limitations that might exist.

I hope this information helps clarify the situation. Let me know if you have any further questions or concerns!

V1tru

Nouveau
29 Juin 2023
Opérateur
Autre non précisé
Marque
Honor
Modèle(s)
Magic 5 Pro
Hi Krx,
To me this is a bug, why should I have the YouTube app locked on 30fps in "high refresh" mode when in the "variable refresh" the same YouTube with the same video works as it should at 60fps?

This is a bummer, thanks for quick reply tho